• To serve Poland – to build Europe – to understand the world



  • Consulate General of the Republic of Poland in New York

    233 Madison Ave, New York, NY


    Front desk hours:

    Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 8:30 AM – 2:30 PM

    Wednesday 11:30 AM – 5:30 PM


    For visa inquiries, e-mail:


    Before you go please check - List of countries whose citizens may travel to Poland without visa and stay there up to 90 days



    U.S. citizens may travel to Poland for up to 90 days without a visa. For longer visits, please apply for a National visa, type D.


    Individuals must apply for a visa at the appropriate consular post. The Consulate General of Poland in New York serves only Customers residing in its consular territory of the following states: Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont.




    Since December 21 2007, Poland has been a part of the Schengen area which is currently formed by 26 countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.


    A visa issued by the authorities of any of the countries mentioned above will permit its holder to travel freely through the territories of all those countries.



    Each visa application, both Schengen and National, must be REGISTERED in advance in the electronic system at the website


    The applicant then needs to apply for a visa in person no earlier than 3 months and not later than two weeks before a planned trip! There is no expedited service to process an application.


    Visa processing can take up to 15 days. In individual cases, processing may take up to 30 days.





    A short stay visa is issued for up to 90 days within a 6-months period.


    The application needs to be submitted at the Consulate General of Poland only if the main destination is Poland or if Poland is the country of transit.


    If you intend to visit multiple countries and one of them is the main destination in terms of length or purpose of stay, then the application needs to be submitted to the consulate of that country.


    If you intend to visit multiple countries in the Schengen area in which you will stay the same amount of nights then you must apply at the Consulate or Embassy of the country you will enter first.


    If Poland is the country of transit the applicant needs to first present a visa, a permanent stay card, or work permit to the country of final destination if it is not the country of citizenship.





    A long stay visa is issued for more than 90 days but no longer than 365 days. Regular visa processing takes approximately 15 days. National visas are issued mainly for the purpose of study or work.





    Airport visas are valid only for transit through the international area of the airports of Member States. It doesn’t allow its holder to leave the airport. Airport visas are issued to citizens of: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Congo (Democratic Republic), Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Sudan.





    • VISA APPLICATION FORM. Each applicant shall submit a REGISTERED, COMPLETED, PRINTED, DATED, and SIGNED application. You can find it on the website. Each person included in the applicant's travel documents must submit a separate application form. Minors shall submit an application form signed by a person exercising permanent or temporary parental authority or legal guardianship.
    • 1 PHOTOGRAPH, in color, passport size, taken within the last 6 months against plain white background.
    • PASSPORT or equivalent travel document, signed and valid for at least 3 months after the date of intended departure from Poland, with at least two blank visa pages. The passport can not have been issued more than 10 years before the date of applying for a visa.
    • PROOF OF LEGAL RESIDENCE in the USA and valid re-entry document: original of Permanent Residence Card (Green Card) or U.S. resident visa type A, E, F (with endorsed I-20), G, H, I, J plus J1 documents, L, O, R. The U.S. residence permit or visa should be valid at least three months beyond the intended departure from the territory of Poland or other Member States (Schengen). Tourists and visitors on B1/B2 and J1 Summer Work Travel visas must apply in their country of residence.
    • FLIGHT RESERVATION that includes an itinerary of the flight back to the United States. Please note that Consulate does not bear any responsibility for any purchased tickets before the issuance of a visa;
    • PROOF OF TRAVEL MEDICAL INSURANCE: Confirmation letter from your health insurance company stating coverage for emergency medical, hospitalization and repatriation with a minimum of 30,000 Euros (equiv. 50,000 USD) for trips outside the U.S. A copy of an insurance card is not sufficient. If you do not have insurance, or your insurance company cannot provide such a specific letter, you must purchase insurance for the entire duration of your trip and provide proof of purchase (e.g. HCC Medical, Cigna Life, Travel Guard, Seven Corners etc.) with zero deductible.
    • PROOF OF SUFFICIENT FINANCIAL MEANS e.g. last 3 bank account statements with name and address of owner(s), or proof of regular income e.g. pay slips of last 3 months, or student loan agreement. A minimum of $35 per day is required to cover expenses.
    • REFERENCE LETTER FROM EMPLOYER. If self-employed, tax return and the original business registration.
    • CERTIFICATE OF MARRIAGE is required only when the applicant is traveling with a spouse as a dependent or when a spouse of the applicant is an EU citizen.
    • CERTIFICATE OF BIRTH is required if an applicant is traveling with a minor.



    • VISITING FAMILY/FRIENDS type C/D: The invitation issued by the Voivodship Office (Wojewoda)  where your host is residing; It can not be changed and must cover the entire duration of your stay in Poland (see specimen)
    • TOURIST VISA type C: Hotel reservation made for the entire stay in Poland and other countries visited;
    • BUSINESS TRIP type C: A reference letter from US employer confirming applicant’s position and the fact that a business trip to Poland is intended, and a letter of invitation from Polish company. One of the letters should include information on who will bear all accumulating expenses;
    • STUDENT VISA type D: Letter of admission from a Polish school and bank statements from the last three months, or a notarized letter of financial support from a parent with bank statements from the last three months, or from a legal guardian or sponsoring company;
    • WORK VISA type D: Work permit issued by Wojewoda in Poland. Employment without prior authorization is strictly prohibited. Work visas are issued for multiple entries and can be valid for as long as the work permit is valid, but no longer than one year (365 days). Work visas are issued only by a Polish Consul in the consular office corresponding to the place where the applicant has his/her legal permanent residence. English language teachers planning to work in Poland at public universities/ colleges or schools must submit a Certificate of Employment issued by the president of that school, instead of the work certificate.
    • CONFERENCE, SPORT, or CULTURAL EVENTS type C: An invitation or notification addressed to the applicant by the organizer OR an admission ticket.
    • SCHOOL TRIP type C: additional - Letter from school/college, that indicates in particular proof of sponsorship, purpose of visit, contact details, the address of the accommodation, trip itinerary, the length of the stay, and flight reservation.
    • TRANSIT VISA type C: Trip plan, flight reservations or other proof of intended transport, proof of hotel booking, visa of the country of next destination (if required); and information enabling an assessment of the applicant's intention to leave the territory of the Member States before the expiration of the visa applied for.
    • AIRPORT TRANSIT VISA type A: An airport transit visa shall be valid for traveling through the international transit areas of the airports situated whitin the territory of Member States. It does not entitle the holder to leave the transit zone of the airport. Airport transit visas are issued to citizens of: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Congo (Democratic Republic), Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Sudan. The applicant shall also present: documents in relation to the onward journey to the final destination after the intended airport transit (airline tickets/visa if required), and information enabling an assessment of the applicant's intention not to enter the territory of the Member States.




    All supporting documents that are submitted cannot be returned!


    Please make copies of original documents such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, proof of immigration status (Permanent Resident Card, valid visa, forms J1, I-20 etc.) and bring the originals to the review.


    The Consulate General of the Republic of Poland reserves the right to return incomplete documentation at the applicant’s own risk and cost and the visa fee will not be refunded.


    The Consulate reserves the right to ask for additional documentation or to conduct a personal interview with the applicant.


    Incomplete visa application will not be processed !


    Please note that possession of a visa to a Schengen territory does not equal an automatic right of entry and that there might be additional entry requirements that apply to all travelers, regardless whether they travel to Poland with or without a visa.





    Short-stay Schengen visa 65 USD

    Long-stay national visa 65 USD


    Visa fees for citizens of Belarus:

    Short-stay Schengen visa: 65 USD

    Long-stay national visa: 22 USD


    Visa fee for citizens of the Russian Federation:

    Short-stay Schengen visa: 38 USD

    Long-stay national visa: 65 USD


    Visa fee for citizens of Ukraine:

    Short-stay Schengen visa: 38 USD

    Long-stay national visa: 0 (no fee)


    Visa fee for citizens of Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Moldavia, Montenegro, Serbia:

    Short-stay Schengen visa 38 USD

    Long-stay national visa: 65 USD




    • Children under 6 years of age;
    • Foreigners who are spouses of EU citizens;
    • School pupils, students, postgraduate students and accompanying teachers who undertake trips for the purpose of study or educational training (Schengen visas only);
    • Researchers from third countries traveling for the purpose of carrying out scientific research as defined in Recommendation No 2005/761/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of the September 28, 2005 to facilitate the issue by the Member States of uniform short-stay visas for researchers from third countries traveling within the community for the purpose of carrying out scientific research;
    • Representatives of non-profit organizations aged 25 years or less participating in seminars, conferences, sports, cultural or educational events organized by non-profit organizations.
    • 'Karta Polaka' ('Card of the Pole') holders (National visa, type D, only)

    Acceptable forms of payment  for consular fees are: cash, money order or cashier's check payable to the Consulate General of Poland in New York. Personal checks, credit cards and debit cards are not accepted.

    There is an option of mailing the passport back via UPS to the address provided by the applicant at an additional fee of 18 USD.


    Please Note: Although the information on this website has been prepared with utmost care, we cannot accept any responsibility for inaccuracies contained herein.


    Drukuj Drukuj Share: